Four friends in the 1980s came together with the dream of opening their own restaurant - a place casual in atmosphere, with quality food and service at the top of the list. Chris Sullivan, Robert Basham, Tim Gannon, and Trudy Cooper, all sterling veterans of the hospitality industry.
To ensure their haven would stand out from the pack, they chose an Australian theme to fit the relaxed but lively mood of their ideal restaurant. The very first Outback Steakhouse opened in March '88 in Tampa. They've stood by their "No Rules, Just Right" mentality: Outback Steakhouse's team takes food seriously, without forgetting any of the fun, knowing that nothing stands in the way of making you happy. Currently, there are over 984 stores in over 23 countries around the world.
Outback Steakhouse Japan opened its first unit in April, 2000 and has expanded to central Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Nagoya, and Osaka areas ever since. Our stores in Japan offer the same high quality food and service, generous portions at moderate prices and a casual atmosphere suggestive of the Australian Outback.
Did You Know?
Outback hand selects, ages and cuts its high quality beef items to order daily. This careful selection process is joined by individual grilling and special unique seasonings to create the finest steak dining experience. Our menus are made from scratch in the stores daily, from the steak gravy and chocolate sauce to the tasty dressings and croutons served with the salads. We proudly offer the best homemade food in town!
OM2 Dining Co., LTD.
3rd Floor, 3-20-5
Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0001
- Business hours at the Shinagawa Konan on April 25th
- Information of ingredients used at Outback Steakhouse (updated on 4/1)
- Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami Charity Drive Update
- Australian Wine Campaign
- Donations to support the Tohoku region
- Part time staff wanted at Ikebukuro location
- Minami-Machida location will be closed on 12th February, 2017
- Charity Drive for Kumamoto Earthquake Update
- Part time staff wanted at Makuhari location
- Take out and delivery services available
- Celebrate your birthday at Outback!
- >> MORE